-->
innovation, technology, new voices, new solutions

Monday, November 12, 2007

Reading Uganda at Schiphol Airport

Fresh off my 7 hour over-night flight from Dulles, I witnessed a beautiful sunrise on the other side of the Atlantic as we approached Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. I've spent many, many hours roaming the boutiques, art galleries, food courts and signing into several wireless spots at Schiphol. Forunately, it's just 2 hours before the next flight, but I just had to get the blogging going.

After sending a few quick emails, I Google'd "CHOGM" to see what Uganda's Daily papers aresaying now that it is Monday and this IS officially the week of CHOGM. The headlines are just too many to mention, but at least a few are worth noting. If for noting more than they are comical. Howver, they remind me of just how much I look forward to reconnecting with my Ugandan friends and "getting on the ground" as the Ugandan's say.

Here's a sample of the headlines (and I plan to share more during my week at CHOGM)......

"Ready for Chogm? If you are, indicate left and turn right"

"Is Chogm another way of writing 'life presidency for Museveni'?"

"Uganda: Boda Boda Banned From CHOGM Areas"

"Is CHOGM a curse?"

"The Chogm riddle"

"Uganda: CHOGM - Kayihura Sorry Over Jams"

"Uganda: The Shoeshine - I Know Who Isn't Ready for CHOGM"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home